Saturday, June 14, 2008

caring for someone VS controlling them

why is it, that when u care for someone they start thinking that u should spend every free moment with them? If I tell them that I plan on being busy at the library or rec center...they just assume that they will tag along & demand to go with me. If I plan on doing my online school stuff after work....they actually wait at the bus stop for me to get home, so they can tell me that I have to go to their place. Are men born deaf or what?

I don't need a co-worker or anyone else playing 20 questions about what I do outside of work...or giving me the third degree about who I am with or wanting to know where the hell I have been every second of the day. Now if it were any other guy, I would ask "what kind of dumb ego trip they were on" I mean really, why do guys assume that just cuz you ain't with them, then that must mean you are with a new boyfriend? Somehow he needs to realize that we are in the 21st century and "yes, I might be unusual" but a woman can actually enjoy a day all by herself.

Just cuz one person is bored or lonely, doesn't mean they should insist on another person moving in with them....noooo it means they just need to get a life, cuz I have been in controlling relationships before and there ain't no way I am doing it again. Sure, maybe thats part of the problem and also the fact I have been by myself for so long that I got used to it. But if that works for me then I see no reason to change it now.
As the saying goes~"if it ain't broken, then don't fix it"

No comments: