Friday, December 31, 2010

Coming to an end


A friend took this yesterday when he was stuck in traffic near Kingman. I-40 was closed most of the day from Kingman to Winslow because of accidents like the 1 in the picture above or ice or the wind blowing snow around so much that you couldn't see. Some of our guests were not to happy when they got stuck at the canyon.

Well its the last day of 2010; and it was 24 degrees below 0, when I left my dorm this morning to leave for work and 30 below 0 when I clocked in...coldest I have ever seen it here. Well I got enough snow for a snowman now, except its the powdery snow and I can't even make a snowball with it.
Well this new year will bring a change around the park, as Maswik will be closing. We will be having 3 or 4 days off every week when Maswik workers get transfered over to Yavapai.



No comments: