Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just scored a 2-night camping trip


Every year we get a day off with pay for our birthday, and we got 30 days to use it. Well my birthday isn't until March 16th and I was thinking I would try and see if there was an open spot at the campground at Indian Gardens around the first week of April.

Today after work, I went to the backcountry office to check out available dates and was told that space was available for the 13th & 14th of April....so I took both nights. Yee-Haw, I can hardly wait.

Now whenever I hike that far...my knees are just starting to kill me, and it seems like forever to get back up out of the canyon afterwards (but so worth it). Anyways, this time I am really going to try to prepare for this hike.
For anyone who has never done this hike...it's only 4.6 miles of a winding steep trail. The longest 4.6 miles that I have ever hiked back up.

Anyways in other news...had a short day at work. 1 fun thing about working in a cafeteria is that it gets interesting to watch what different people order for lunch.

No comments: