Saturday, February 7, 2009

Procrastination/clutter

My ex-husband used to tell me that I lived in "The Land of Later" because I would say I would fix something, cook something, make some project, or clean something up...later. Sometimes it seemed like later never came around.
I either never had time to fix or make whatever it was, I said I would...course it takes me 4 times longer then most people to do anything even when I do it. Or I have a habit of spreading myself to thin...meaning I want to do a hundred things all at once and then get to overwhelmed with stuff to do.

So today instead of going to Tusayan to look around gift shops for something I don't really need and can't really afford anyways, I'm gonna stay home & spend the day by beginning to clear out my room...or at least clear off the stuff thats been piled on my bed all week (I ended up sleeping on my floor for a few nights cuz of all the stuff on my bed)

Presents – if someone gives you an unwanted gift and there is no polite way to refuse, accept gracefully and respect the other person’s feelings. But remember it is your home and if you do not like something, it will drag your spirits down every time you look at it. So dump the guilt and let it go.
Have I used it in the past year? I'll Be ruthless with paper. Put junk mail straight in the recycling and decide how long to keep newspapers... Remember no-one has time to read everything. Donate unread books to library.
Is it really garbage? Broken things Give yourself a deadline for broken items to be fixed, if not discard them.
Do I have another one that is better?
Should I really keep two? Fear The "what if" thoughts are some of the hardest to deal with. Then the thought crept into my head, what if the new one breaks down. A useful tip is "one in, one out"
Does it have sentimental value that causes me to love it? Sentimental items Be sentimental but selective. Choose a pretty box in which to keep sentimental items. Put photos into albums ( or special folders on computer) only keeping the best ones and let the others go.
Or does it give me guilt and make me sad when I see the item? *I'm going to Clean my rooms of everything that does not make me SMILE.

No comments: