Monday, March 2, 2009

My clinic visit

spent this past weekend with a headache that just didn't want to go away. So because of that and a couple other annoying problems I finally decided to go to the clinic today. Went through the usual vital checks...weight check, blood pressure, and the check list for family medical history stuff.

First...the scale at the clinic weighs in about 5 pounds more then the scales at the rec center(where I go for the weightloss competition). My blood pressure might have been considered normal by the nurse who took it, but it was the highest I think it has ever been. She kept telling me that it was nothing to worry about and that being in pain makes blood pressure rise. Well DUH! I've worked in hospitals before so I knew that...but also knew that even while delivering 7 kids or after 2 different car crashes that my blood pressure wasn't as high as it was today.Later the doctor told me to come back in a week to re-check it because it was higher then she woulda liked it too.

Well the doctor finally gave me a shot for the headaches and another shot for nausea.I also have to schedule time to do a diabetes test. Guess it might just be another family trait that I got. Geez high BP would mean I need to watch my salt intake, and diabetes means I need to watch my sugar & carbs intake...ok, time to really empty out the cupboards once and for all.

I stopped into work to give the manager's the note from the clinic saying I would not be at work tonight. When 1 manager saw me, he looked surprised and very nicely told me I didn't look good. Well, I also got a weeks supply of tylenol with codeine, so for now I'm going to bed.

No comments: