Saturday, March 21, 2009

work

well I have been back at Yavapai for 2 weeks now, and last night I got Michael to sign the transfer paper so I can go work at the kennels. I was put back on yavapai's schedule as a line server during night shift(which I hate) For the 2 yrs I have been here I never asked to be a line server and never officially had the job title of server but for some unknown reason its the job I have done the most here.
It seems so silly that he wouldn't let me stay at Maswik to cook even though all the managers at Maswik said I could stay, but he had no problem letting me go to the kennels. So anyways, I will be walking down to the kennels later today to talk with the lead, Karen.

How hard can it be to work at the kennels:
u feed animals
u wash animals
u clean-up after them
u keep track of the vet/Dr. schedule
u keep track of who walks the dogs every month
keep guests dogs for a weekend while they are on vacation
answer guests calls about lost pets or whatever
Maybe help find new homes for animals elsewhere

The kennels are open sometime around 7am-5pm, and it takes me about 20-25 minutes to walk there from my room...but I'm not sure where the kennel workers clock in for work. Hmmm, I will have to find that out.
But oh yes, I imagine that job being more alot less stressful then working in a cafeteria and the hours are better too.

No comments: