Sunday, February 14, 2010

sappy movies on Valentine's Day

About 12 & 1/2 years ago while I was living in a homeless shelter, a few of us women would hog the TV on Sundays to watch whatever movie was on the Lifetime channel. Seeing as how I was pregnant...still working a fulltime job...and giving most of my paycheck to my kids & their dad at the time, nobody wanted to tell me that I couldn't have the time off to relax with the TV no matter what sporting event was playing. In fact the day became known as "Sappy Sunday" for the 4 months that I was living at the shelter.

Well I still like sappy movies and here's a list of some of my favorite (or at least what I will call sappy movies);
The Notebook, Dirty Dancing (1987), Titanic (1997), Pretty Woman, Notting Hill (1999),Grease (1978),Stepmom (1998), Ghost, Runaway Bride (1999), A Walk to Remember (2002), City of Angels (1998), A Family Man

So seeing as I have tonight off again, I get to sit home and watch movies tonight. I like Drew Barrymore movies and I have a couple that I haven't seen in quite awhile so I figure I might as well watch them tonight. #1 Never Been Kissed #2 EverAfter. Drew Barrymore is always good for a laugh.

I realized today that I forgot to buy popcorn yesterday while I was in Flagstaff. How in the world did I forget popcorn? Oh well it just means I have to get it at the general store here later this week. I also seem to be missing a magazine that I was sure that I bought....maybe I left it in Brenda's car.

*************************************

Today is Valentine's Day (a rather dumb holiday which I never liked). AZ became a state on Valentine's Day in 1912, guess that makes AZ "The Lover's State"
People expect to much from this holiday...there was something online today about what the "wrong" gifts to send on Valentine's Day. A box of chocolates from a drugstore made the list...since when is it wrong to give chocolate...no matter where it came from?

No comments: